COVID-19 WORKING FROM HOME AGREEMENT
Agreement between [Division] (Company) and _______________________ (Employee) to continue to perform the Employee’s role as _______________________________ (Work) at the Employee’s home __________________________ (Location) as a result of the Covid19 Pandemic in New Zealand on the terms set out below.
1. The Company and the Employee have agreed to the following arrangements with respect to Employee working from home at the Location.
2. This agreement shall continue for 14 days from ____________________ provided that it may be terminated or extended at any time by the Company providing the Employee with 48 hours’ notice (Duration).
3. The Work will be performed at the Location, in accordance with the hours of work specified in the Employee’s employment agreement for the Duration. The Employee will be available at all times during which the Work is performed to communicate with the Company if required.
4. The Employee will perform the Work in accordance with job description and the obligations in their employment agreement. The Employee will perform their duties in the same way (to the extent that it is practicable to do so in the circumstances) and to the same standard as if they were located in their usual workplace.
5. The Employee will advise the Company of any change of circumstance which may impact on the employee’s ability to work from the Location in the manner set out in this agreement.
6. The Employee will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Location is safe and that they perform the Work in a safe manner. The Employee will comply with and abide by all obligations under all policies, procedures, directions and with instructions from the Company regarding health and safety. The Employee will take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that in the performance of their duties, they do not undermine their own health and safety or the health and safety of any other person. In particular, in order to meet responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the Employee will:
(a) Have or make available a suitable work space to enable and ensure the effective and safe performance of duties, and work activities, as far as practicable kept separate from domestic/family activities;
(b) Take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the Employees safety while working at the Location including identifying, managing, eliminating, isolating and/or minimising potential hazards, as well as immediately reporting such actual/potential hazards to the Company;
(c) Ensure that all work equipment is properly installed and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s and/or the Company’s instructions (for example, ensuring that electrical sockets/plugs are not overloaded, and that wires and cables are tidy and controlled);
(d) Take all reasonable steps to keep the Company’s technology and equipment safe and in working order;
(e) Ensure that the seating and lighting available is appropriate and sufficient for the safe and effective performance of duties, and any potential health and safety risks in this respect are immediately notified to the Company;
(f) Ensure that any work-related hazards or materials are stored securely and are not accessible to family members or others who might be in, or have access to, the home-based workplace;
(g) Manage their working time effectively, including taking appropriate rest and meal breaks;
(h) Be aware of the risks associated with working alone and take steps to manage them, including bringing any concerns to the immediate attention of the Company;
(i) Ensure that any sickness or injury or work-related health issues are immediately reported to the Company, as if the employee was working in the Company’s office;
(j) Have reasonable access to an appropriate first aid kit; and
(k) Immediately communicate any concerns or problems in relation to the above, or in relation to working from home in general, with the General Manager of the Company.
7. All Company policies will continue to apply to the Employee at the Location, including employment, IT, and mobile phone policies.
8. The Employee will keep the Company updated as to the Employee’s health status. If the Employee becomes sick, or their health status, or the health status of those living at the Location changes, the Employee will advise the Company of that. The Employee will also advise the Company of any other matter which may affect the Employee’s ability to work from home.
9. The Company and the Employee agree that the list of equipment in Schedule 1 will be the equipment used by the Employee in carrying out the Work at the Location and that the list correctly identifies who owns the equipment. Any equipment owned by the Company will only be used for the Work and remains the property of the Company. Any costs incurred by the Employee in using equipment identified as owned by the Employee in the list for the Work will be reimbursed to the Employee on provision of an acceptable tax invoice.
10. This arrangement, or any variation or extension of it, can only be made with the express approval of the [General Manager/CEO].
11. Except as set out, this agreement does not otherwise vary or modify the existing terms and conditions of employment between the Company and the Employee.
Employee Name: Date:
General Manager: Date:
Schedule 1: Equipment register
Equipment | Serial Number | Owner